My all-time favorite reading spot is the beach. When B and I go to the beach, I spend the entire day reading, while he snorkels and naps. It’s the perfect combination. Here are some of my favorite beach reads…
Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly feature sponsored by The Broke and the Bookish.
1. anything by Kate White: When I’m at the beach, I need a book that I get lost in. I need a book that I can read for eight hours straight, from cover to cover. Kate White’s novels are just that for me.
2. the Princess Diaries series: Mia, Lily, Michael, Tina and Boris are the perfect beach companions.
3. Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner: I chose this particular Jennifer Weiner book because I remember reading it on the beach.
4. anything by Jodi Picoult: I’ve noticed that Picoult gets a bad rap on a lot of book blogs, and that makes me sad. I appreciate the captivating stories, rich with contemporary, controversial issues. I always feel like I’ve learned a lot about the issue at hand, and her novels definitely fit into that “cover-to-cover” category. Actually, Plain Truth is the only novel I’ve ever literally read cover to cover, although it was on an airplane.
5. the Stephanie Plum series: This is currently my gym read, as they’re easy to read on the treadmill or elliptical machine. Those same qualities would also make it a great beach read.
6. anything by Sophie Kinsella/Madeleine Wickham: Her books don’t require too much deep thinking, and have plenty of LOL moments. Perfect for a hot summery day.
7. Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James: I’m actually in the middle of this book right now. I wanted to read it to see what all the hub-bub was about, and let me tell you–hubba hubba!This book is intense! But should definitely be read by the pool or the sea.
8. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: I finally read this book, a favorite of so many YA book-bloggers. It was the perfect novel to bring along to the pool. For my beach trip this summer, I’m going to have to find Lola and the Boy Next Door.
9. Something Borrowed/Something Blue by Emily Giffin: This mini-series is one that I’ve re-read at least four times, each time on a beach vacation. The story is fast-paced, the characters are relatable, and they’re definitely both cover-to-cover reads.
10. P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern: I actually listened to this audiobook while on a mountain vacation, but I can also envision reading it at the beach.